The recent notification from State Bank of India for the recruitment of junior associates in clerical cadre vacancies has provided a lot of relevant information vital for the candidates who wish to apply for these jobs. If you are one of the candidates looking to apply for and qualify SBI clerk examinations, here are the latest updates on it.
Latest updates on SBI Clerk application form
- The SBI clerk application form was released on the 3rd of January 2019, the candidates are required to fill up these forms and pay the application fee through online banking. The last date to apply online, pay the fee or edit the application form is 26th of January 2019. The last date for printing the application form is 10th of February 2020.
- SBI has declared on its website sbi.co.in, that for the post of Junior Associate (Customer Support and Sales) there will be around 8301 vacancies in the year 2020.
- The 2020 SBI clerk application fee for clerical vacancies varies upon the category to which a person belongs. For General/OBC/EWS, the application fee is Rs 750, which includes imitation charges. For SC/ST/PWD/XS, there is no application fee. People belonging to this category have been exempted from fee payment. The payment can be done through debit cards, credit cards, and internet banking. The candidates can apply for vacancies in one state only.
- The tentative date for the preliminary examination is February or March 2020, while its admit card must be downloaded by the11th of February 2020. The tentative date for the main exam is the 19th of April 2020, while the admit card can be downloaded by the 2nd week of April 2020.
- The qualification criteria for a candidate is that he must be a graduate in any particular discipline. The age limit for a candidate to apply is between 20 to 28 years, as on the 1st of January, 2020.
- The bank has also provided relaxation for the upper age limit for candidates belonging to various categories: PWD (General) – 10 years, PWD (OBC) – 13 years, PWD(SC/ST) – 15 years, SC/ST – 5 years, OBC – 3 years.
SBI Clerk application process 2020
The application for the SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 can only be done through an online process. Application done through any offline mode shall not be accepted. A candidate should apply after reading all the necessary instructions. The following steps can help a candidate to fill up the SBI Clerk application form:
- The candidate must visit the official website of the State Bank of India: sbi.co.in/web/careers/current-openings.
- Select the link ‘Apply online’.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ option that is present at the top right side of the page.
- The candidate must fill in personal details such as name, contact information, address, etc.
- This will lead to the generation of a provisional registration number and password which will be sent to the candidate through email and SMS.
- The candidate must upload a photograph and signature. Since all this is to be done online, they must be scanned carefully.
- The next step involves providing other personal details such as educational qualifications and work experience.
- A very important step is to preview the application details carefully before submitting so that there is no mistake as, after this process, no changes can be made to the application form.
- After submitting the details after a close preview, the candidate is required to pay the registration fee for the application process
- The last step is to generate a print out of the application form as well as of the e-receipt for future references.
SBI Clerk selection process 2020
The following process needs to be completed in order to get selected as an SBI Clerk:
- Preliminary exam: The first test that a candidate needs to pass is the preliminary examinations of the SBI Clerk selection process. It will consist of a 100 marks objective test that the candidate needs to complete in an hour.
- Main exam: Candidates who qualify the preliminary exams have to then pass the main exams, which is a 200 marks test. The merit list is published state-wise as well as category wise. The qualified candidates are then placed based on the aggregate marks they score.
- Specified opted local language test: The candidates who qualify the main exams are to qualify for this test. Those who are not found proficient in this opted test of the local language are disqualified from the entire recruitment process.
- Final selection: Candidates qualifying all the tests and with verified documents are selected and a merit list is prepared based on the marks that they obtain in the main exams.
SBI Clerk exam guidelines 2020
- SBI Clerk admit card 2020 must be brought by the candidate to his allotted examination centre.
- The candidate must bring a photo identity proof along with a duly attested document.
- The admit card must be submitted by the candidate along with identity proof to the examination hall invigilator.
- The exam centre involves biometric verification. Thus the candidates are advised to clean their hands and not to apply any ink, Mehendi, etc on their hands.
- There should be no misconduct on the candidate’s part as strict actions can be taken against them in any such case.
- Calculators, mobile phones, pagers, etc are not allowed inside the examination hall.
This article will provide a detailed guide to the SBI 2020 aspirants. This will provide the candidates with all the latest updates regarding the SBI Clerk application 2020.
Krishna Murthy is the senior publisher at Finance XOD. He is not only the senior publisher but also the owner of Tricky Finance. Krishna Murthy was one of the brilliant students during his college days. He completed his education in MBA (Master of Business Administration), and he is currently managing the all workload for sharing the best banking information over the internet. The main purpose of starting Tricky Finance is to provide all the precious information related to businesses and the banks to his readers.