The Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme was launched on 15 August 2014 by the government of Rajasthan with the primary goal of empowering women and promoting their economic and social independence. The scheme focuses on the holistic development of women and provides them with comprehensive financial and non-financial assistance. Every eligible woman in the state receives a Bhamashah Card, which is a crucial tool to access various government schemes and benefits.
To be eligible for the scheme, a woman must be 21 years of age or older, and she is designated as the head of the household. This approach aims to prioritize women’s empowerment within the family structure. Enrollment in the scheme involves linking the woman’s Aadhaar to a bank account in a central bank, which is then associated with the Bhamashah Card. Cash benefits from state government schemes are directly deposited into this bank account, which can be opened individually or as a joint account with other family members.
The Bhamashah Card plays a significant role in accessing both financial and non-financial benefits from various government schemes. It serves as a transparent means for the government to transfer benefits to female recipients. Additionally, the card allows for cash withdrawals when needed, adding to its convenience and usability.
The scheme’s name, “Bhamashah,” is a tribute to the historical figure Bhamashah, a trusted associate of Maharana Pratap. His struggles with financial difficulties and starvation underscore the importance of this initiative in supporting women’s empowerment and addressing economic challenges within the state. Overall, the Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme marks a significant step in the state’s digitalization efforts and its commitment to women’s development and progress.
Key features regarding the Bhamashah Card Scheme:
- The Bhamashah Card Scheme offers beneficiaries access to around 54 government schemes in Rajasthan.
- Numerous women in the state have opened bank accounts as a result of the Bhamashah Card Scheme.
- The Bhamashah scheme in Rajasthan takes inspiration from the central government’s Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Under this scheme, individuals are provided with a RuPay card, enabling them to withdraw cash from nearby Bhamashah centers.
- Beneficiaries receive transaction updates and information directly on their mobile phones through SMS.
- To ensure convenience, the state has set up over 35,000 Bhamashah card centers across various locations.
For any inquiries or assistance regarding this scheme, citizens can contact the toll-free number: 18001806127.
Benefits of the Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme:
The Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme offers a range of benefits to its beneficiaries:
1. Economic and Social Empowerment: The primary objective of the scheme is to empower women in the state both economically and socially, fostering their overall development and independence.
2. Convenient Cash Withdrawals: Beneficiaries can easily withdraw money through the Bhamashah card scheme, and with the provided RuPay card, they can access cash withdrawals from their linked bank accounts.
3. Direct Transfer of Cash and Non-Cash Benefits: Upon acquiring the Bhamashah Card, all cash benefits from government schemes are directly transferred to the beneficiary’s linked bank account. Additionally, non-cash benefits become easily accessible through the card.
4. Transaction Updates: Beneficiaries receive regular transaction updates and information via SMS alerts on their mobile phones, ensuring transparency and accountability.
5. Family-wide Benefits: The Bhamashah card extends its benefits to the entire family, ensuring that all eligible household members can access the advantages of various government schemes.
6. Multipurpose Usage: Serving as a versatile identification card for the family, the Bhamashah card facilitates various applications, such as the simplified process of obtaining government-provided rations through biometric authentication.
7. Reduced Corruption Risk: By directly transferring government scheme funds to eligible individuals’ bank accounts, the scheme significantly reduces the risk of corruption and ensures that the benefits reach the intended recipients transparently.
Eligibility Criteria for Bhamashah Card:
1. Residency: The applicant must be a permanent resident of Rajasthan.
2. Women as Household Heads: Families in the state are eligible to apply for the scheme if a woman is designated as the head of the household.
3. Bank Account: The household head should have a bank account in their name, and it must be linked to their Aadhaar.
4. Inclusion of Disabled Individuals: The scheme extends eligibility to all disabled individuals in the state.
Documents Required for the Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme:
1. Copy of Aadhaar card for all family members of the applicant.
2. Voter ID card of the applicant.
3. Bank account details of the applicant.
4. Mobile number.
5. Email ID.
6. Passport-sized photographs.
7. Basic address proof.
8. Copy of ration card.
Register for the Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme:
1. Go to the official website of the scheme and scroll down to find the ‘Bhamashah Enrollment’ option.
2. Click on ‘Citizen Registration’ on the following page.
3. Fill out the registration form with all the necessary details, including the name, address, and mobile number of the female head of the household.
4. Once you have completed the form, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
5. A registration number will be generated and displayed on the screen. Be sure to keep this number safe for future reference.
Download your Bhamashah card
1. Visit the Rajasthan Single Sign-On website.
2. Locate the login option on the homepage. Enter your SSOID and password, then click on login.
3. Navigate to the Citizen App section and select Bhamashah.
4. Click on the option for Bhamashah e-Card on the next page.
5. A form will appear on your screen. Fill out the required information and submit the form.
6. After submitting, you will be able to download your Bhamashah card.
Checking the Bhamashah Card Status:
To track the status of your Bhamashah card application in Rajasthan, follow these steps:
1. Visit the official website of the Bhamashah Card Scheme.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Click on the ‘Bhamashah Card Status’ link on the next page.
4. A new page will open where you need to enter your Bhamashah receipt number.
5. Click on the ‘Search’ option to initiate the search.
6. The page will display all the relevant information and the status of your Bhamashah card application.
By following these steps, you will be able to efficiently check the status of your Bhamashah card application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme:
1. What is the primary objective of the Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme?
The primary objective of the Bhamashah Card Scheme is to foster women’s economic and social independence, enabling their holistic development and empowerment. The scheme aims to provide comprehensive financial and non-financial assistance to eligible women beneficiaries.
2. Who is eligible to apply for the Bhamashah Card Scheme?
To be eligible for the scheme, the applicant must be a permanent resident of Rajasthan. Families can apply for the scheme if a woman is designated as the head of the household. The household head must have a bank account in their name, linked to Aadhaar. The scheme also includes eligibility for all disabled individuals in the state.
3. How can I download my Bhamashah card?
To download the Bhamashah card, visit the Rajasthan Single Sign-On website. Login using your SSOID and password, then navigate to the Citizen App section and select Bhamashah. Click on the Bhamashah e-Card option, fill out the required information in the form, and submit it. After submission, you will be able to download your Bhamashah card.
4. How can I check the status of my Bhamashah card application?
To check the status of your Bhamashah card application, visit the official website of the Bhamashah Card Scheme. Log in to your account and click on the ‘Bhamashah Card Status’ link. Enter your Bhamashah receipt number and click on the ‘Search’ option to check the application status.
The Rajasthan Bhamashah Card Scheme is a significant initiative by the government of Rajasthan to empower women and enhance their socio-economic status. By providing a Bhamashah card to the female head of households, the scheme ensures transparent and direct access to various government benefits and schemes. The scheme’s digitalization efforts have facilitated convenient cash withdrawals and transaction updates for beneficiaries.
Through its focus on women’s empowerment and transparent benefit distribution, the Bhamashah Card Scheme has positively impacted thousands of families in Rajasthan. By utilizing technology and linking Aadhaar to bank accounts, the scheme reduces corruption risks and ensures that the intended beneficiaries receive the benefits directly.
- Post Office Savings Account: Benefits and How to Open an Account
- 7 Simple Ways to Start Saving for a Bright Future
- How can I grow my savings fast?
- Saving Account: Types, Interest rates, and eligibility criteria