Mobile Banking is probably one of the easiest and safest way to access your Bank account in your smartphone without going to the branch physically. You can quickly login to your Mobile Banking account and manage your bank account the way you want from anywhere in the world at any time. Mobile Banking facility lets you perform a various number of activities related to banking such as Transfer of Funds to other bank accounts, Recharge or make bill payments, go through your account statements or simply check your bank account balance in a snap. In simple, Mobile banking can help you in escaping the long queues at the branch to stay updated with your bank account. Many banks in India are providing Mobile Banking service to its customers so that users will be able to manage their accounts conveniently.
You just need to have a bank account in order to use the Mobile Banking facility. Also, you will have to register for the service first in order to be able to make use of it. Well, the Registration differs from bank to bank, some banks ask you to submit a physical form in the branch to get the Mobile Banking service activated for your account, while some banks let you Register for Mobile Banking online all by yourself.
Today, in this article, We’re targetting the South Indian Bank (SIB) customers who are looking for an easy to understand step by step guide on How To Activate/Register Mobile Banking facility. You don’t have to visit the bank nor submit any application, South India Bank lets you Register For Mobile Banking service online without any hassle. In order to Register for this service, you just need to have an account in South India Bank (SIB).
How To Activate South Indian Bank (SIB) Mobile Banking
Before we start off the process, let me inform you that you must have your Mobile Number updated with your Bank account. In case, if the mobile number which you have given while opening the bank account is not working or lost, then visit the branch and get your latest mobile number updated with your bank account. You will also need to have your Debit Card ready in order to successfully complete the South Indian Bank Mobile Banking Registration process.
Step 1: Download The Official SIB App:
- So, the first thing you should is to open up the Google Play Store on your device or App Store if you’re using an iOS-based device.
- Search for South Indian Bank Mirror+ app using the search option in the store. (The app would show up in the first place most probably)
- Just download the app and install it on your Android or iOS device in order to start the process.
- You could also use this link if you want to directly land on the download of SIB Mirror+ app on your Android device or use this link to download it on your iOS device.
Step 2: Start The Registration On Your Smartphone:
- First of all, Open the SIB Mirror+ app on your smartphone and in order to start the registration process.
- On the first screen, the app will ask you to enter the last 5 digits of your Account Number in SIB.
- You will also have to enter the mobile number which is registered with your Bank account in SIB.
- After entering both the details correctly, click on “Register” option to proceed.
Step 3: Complete The OTP Verification:
- Within a few minutes, your mobile number will receive an SMS containing a one time password.
- You just have to enter the OTP code correctly on the next screen, and click on “Submit”
- Make sure your Mobile Number is able to receive SMS texts, otherwise, you won’t be able to get past this screen without entering the OTP.
Step 4: Enter Your Debit Card Details:
- On the next screen, you will be asked to confirm if you have your Debit Card or not.
- Select “Yes”, and enter the 16 digit card number, Expiry date, ATM Card PIN number on the next screen.
- You can also select the option “No” if you don’t have the Debit card, but that only gives you access to check your bank account balance.
Note: Your Debit Card linked to your Account in SIB must be activated before Registering for the Mobile Banking service. If you have recently received your Debit card, then visit a nearest ATM center and withdraw some amount to get your card activated. Enter your debit cards post activation only!
Step 5: Set Up Password And Mpin To Finish:
- Now you just have to set up a login password and Mpin for your Mobile Banking account.
- Login password will be asked whenever you try to login to your Mobile Banking account on your smartphone.
- In the case of Mpin, it will be asked whenever you make any transaction using the Mobile Banking service on your smartphone.
- You must enter both the password two times in order to confirm it. Click on “Submit” to finish the Registration process.
Now you will be able to login to your SIB mobile banking account by entering the Login Password or using the fingerprint sensor. In case, if you’re unable to finish the registration process, then it’s probably because your Debit Card isn’t activated. If the problem still persists, even after activating your Debit card, then we’d recommend you to visit the branch and let them know the issue.
So, that’s the end of this article on How To Activate South Indian Bank (SIB) Mobile Banking. We hope, by now you have come to know all the steps included in the Registration process and able to complete them without any hassle. In case, if you have any queries or doubts regarding the Registration process, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.