Net banking is when you perform all your banking jobs through the internet. You can access your bank through any device at any time. You do not need to be physically present in the bank, for every banking problem. From checking your bank balance to transacting money to your friends or family, you can perform all types of job just by a click. And the best part of net banking is that you can access it 24X7, you do not need to depend on when the bank will execute your requests. You can do it all from the comfort of your home. With so many people using net banking nowadays, the interface of net banking of every bank has been made, and everything can be done in simple steps. You can also get higher interest rate offers. You need to submit lower banking fees. You get loads of cash backs and other rewards. Shopping becomes so much easier when you have an online banking facility. Check the SBI Net Banking Online Registration guide below.
SBI Net Banking Online Registration Process With an ATM Card:
You can do self-registration for net banking if you are a single account holder.
- Go to OnlineSBI home page.
- In the page, go to the personal banking section, click on the login button.
- The personal banking Login page pops up.
- Click on continue to login.
- In the login page, click on the link which shows a new user? Register here.
- However, if your branch has provided you with the online banking kit, then you do not need to register online.
- If you get an alert message box in the login page, click OK.
- You have displayed a user-driven registration form then.
- Enter your account number.
- Enter the CIF number which you will find in your passbook.
- Enter the branch code as displayed in your passbook. Select your country; enter the mobile number which you have registered in the bank.
- You will be provided with the option of choosing your preferred internet banking facility- full or limited transaction rights.
- Enter the captcha code and click on submit
- The system will send you a one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on confirm
- If you have an ATM card, you can complete the registration and activate internet banking service immediately. However, if you
- Select the ATM card option and click on submit.
- For people who do not have an ATM card, internet banking services will be activated by your respective branch.
- You have displayed a temporary username, which you can change later, but for now, you need the same to log in
- Create a password which should be eight characters long and is a combination of upper and lower case alphabets, and contains at least one number and one unique style.
- Reenter the password to confirm.
- Click on the submit button.
- Your registration is successful.
- Now it is time to create a new username of your own choice.
- Log in again and there create a username of your choice to override the temporary username.
- Select the checkbox to accept the Internet banking terms and conditions and click the Submit button.
- Set a new login password with a different combination of alphabets, number and special characters at least eight characters long.
- Set a profile password which you will need to renter to confirm.
- You will find a common choice of questions from which you choose one and answer the same.
- Then enter your date of birth, place, and country of birth, along with your mobile number as registered in branch records while opening the account.
- Now you click on the account summary page where you will see the accounts connected to your page.
- To obtain internet banking transaction rights contact your bank.
- This registration will allow you to view rights only to check the balance or generate the account statement.
SBI Net Banking Online Registration Process Without an ATM Card:
Now, these steps are for those who have an ATM card, for those who do not have an ATM card you need to follow these steps:
- After you have filled your account number, CIF number, mobile number, and services required then click on the do not have an ATM card option.
- There will be displayed a system generated username.
- You need to create a log in password and click on the submit button.
- There will emerge a confirmation page stating that you have successfully logged in.
- This is the page where your short user name and preprinted kit number are displayed on this page.
- The confirmation page displays a link to the registration form.
- You need to download and print the form.
- Then submit the format your respective bank branch to avail Internet Banking Facility.
It generally takes about a day or so for your internet banking so start working. Now that you know how you will need to register for an internet banking facility, with or without an ATM card, you should need to do it as soon as possible. However, there are a few downsides to this as well such as you can have no face to face encounters with the customer service. Compared to retail banks you have limited capabilities. It is sometimes difficult to conduct cash transaction with a slow net or if by chance the site of the bank crashes. You will also need to install powerful antivirus in your laptop and phone so that no bugs can attack your phone and take away all your personal banking information.
In case your phone gets stolen you will need to inform the bank to lock your account for a few days so that the thief cannot misuse with your sensitive information. The steps for banking transaction are pretty, and you can learn all the steps in no time. You then can access the bank from any part of the world provided that you have an internet facility. So what are you waiting for? Contact your bank today for the internet facility kit and then follow the steps to be part of this sever growing e-banking family.