You must have visited this article looking for detailed information on closing SBI Bank Account. You are in the right place. The State Bank of India is the largest public sector bank in India. For instance, the State Bank of India has more than 22,000 branches, 58000 ATM’s across the country.
The State Bank of India also offers various banking, online banking and financial services to its customers. This article is for people who are not satisfied with the service of this bank. You can close your SBI bank account anytime if you are not satisfied with this bank.
There is nothing difficult in this process. We have added a complete procedure in this article to let people know about the account closing process. Let’s have a look.
Things to keep in mind before closing your bank account;
- You have to cancel all the automated bank transactions linked with the bank account.
- You have to clear all the pending dues. (If you have any with the bank)
- You can also get a statement of your savings bank account before closing your account.
- Make sure the available balance is Zero. (If there is some balance available in your account, transfer the available balance using the internet banking service.)
- You will not be able to reopen your bank account with the State Bank of India.
You may also like to read, SBI Net Banking Online Registration – How to Get SBI Internet Banking?
How to Close SBI Bank Account?
There is nothing difficult in the process of closing the SBI Bank account. You can quickly close your bank account by following the steps we have given below.
- To close your SBI Bank account, you need to download the account closure form. You can either take it from the branch or can directly download it using this link.
- Once downloaded, take a printout of the particular form.
- You also have to make sure about filling in all the details correctly.
- Just fill up the form mentioning the following details;
- The name of the account holder.
- Bank account number.
- The signature of the account holder.
- City, State, and Pin Code.
- Reason for closing the bank account.
- Transfer of remaining balance.
- You now have to submit this form to the bank executive.
- Once submitted, you now have to return all the bank belongings such as cheque books, passbooks, and debit cards provided by the bank to you.
- The bank might even ask for the identity and address proof for closing the bank account. Therefore, attach the self-attested copy of such documents with your account closure form.
- The bank will now verify your details. You will get an update on your registered mobile number and email address regarding the account closure. It can take a minimum of 10 days to complete this process.
- That’s all.
Note: According to officials, there are no charges for closing the SBI Bank Account. Therefore, do not bother to pay anything in the bank.
The State Bank of India is the Largest Public Sector Bank in India. For instance, SBI is doing great in the banking sector to provide the best banking services. Since the bank is owned by the government, most people do not want to continue using their services.
The reason people look for the account closure process. No worries, we have added this article to explain more about closing the SBI Bank account. We hope it helps. If there is anything not understandable? Feel free to ask us in the comments section.
Krishna Murthy is the senior publisher at Finance XOD. He is not only the senior publisher but also the owner of Tricky Finance. Krishna Murthy was one of the brilliant students during his college days. He completed his education in MBA (Master of Business Administration), and he is currently managing the all workload for sharing the best banking information over the internet. The main purpose of starting Tricky Finance is to provide all the precious information related to businesses and the banks to his readers.