When you first get your debit or credit card, then it is the bank that sends you your first ATM pin. After you use it for the first time, then you can change the pin to something, of your choice. But pin is sensitive information, which cannot be shared with someone, nor can it be written down, so it is nothing out of the blue if you forget your pin. But not to worry, SBI has a few features when it comes to recovering your pin. Since SBI has invented this new service of a green badge, which is nothing but a paperless mode of banking. It helps the customers to perform any ATM-related service, with ease without even the bank employees helping you. Check Forgot SBI ATM pin recovering steps below.
How to Generate or Reset Forgot SBI ATM Pin?
There are many ways in which you can recover the pin of your credit or debit card.
- Through Internet Banking
- Through IVR or Interactive Voice Response
- Through SBI ATM
- Through SMS
- Through Bank branch
Recovering SBI ATM or Debit or Credit Card through Internet Banking:
To improve your SBI ATM or Debit card through internet banking, follow the given steps. However, to support this step you should make sure that you have your mobile number registered with the bank already because every OTP on all the steps will be sent to your mobile phone including the ATM Pin that you receive.
- Visit the official website of SBI which is sbionline.com
- Log on to your account at SBI using your username and password.
- Click on the option that says ‘e-services.’
- Go to ‘ATM Card Services’ and then go to ‘ATM PIN generation.’
- Then follow the instructions step by step as is shown on the screen.
Recovering SBI ATM or Debit or Credit Card through IVR, i.e. Interactive Voice Response:
To improve your SBI ATM or Debit card through IVR, you need to follow these steps:
- First, call the SBI contact center from the mobile number which is registered with the bank. Their customer care numbers are 1800112211 or 18004253800.
- Select the option of Card Services then goes to the Regenerate ATM Pin option.
- Enter your 16 digit card number of SBI debit or credit card, whose pin number you have lost.
- Then enter your eleven digit account number when the field requires.
- Once you do so, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- You can then use the sent OTP to generate a new Pin number.
Recovering SBI ATM or Debit or Credit Card through ATM:
If you want to improve your pin number by going to ATM, then these are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to your nearest SBI ATM
- Insert your SBI Debit or credit card whose pin you have forgotten.
- Select the option of Pin generation which you will find at the right bottom corner of the ATM.
- Then follow all the instructions which come on your ATM screen.
Recovering SBI ATM or Debit or Credit Card through SMS:
If you wish to improve your SBI card through SMS then you need to follow these steps:
- You need to send an SMS to the number 567676 from your registered mobile number in the following format: Type PIN<space> CCCC<space>AAAA
- Here CCCC stands for the last four digits of your card number, and similarly AAAA stand-in for the last four digits of your account number.
- A One Time Password will be then sent to your registered mobile number.
- You have to use the one time password to generate a new pin at any state bank ATM.
Recovering SBI ATM or Debit or Credit Card through bank branch:
If you wish not to prefer any of the processes mentioned above, then you can go to the bank branch and then sort the matter out. When you go to your bank, then do not forget to carry your passbook, PAN card, and other valid documents. For this you need to:
- Go to the nearest SBI bank branch
- Submit a request for pin generation.
So you can recover your Forgot SBI ATM pin number through many processes both offline and online. All methods are natural and user-friendly. It is exclusively up to the account holder to decide which process they will choose depending on the provisions available to them.
Krishna Murthy is the senior publisher at Trickyfinance. Krishna Murthy was one of the brilliant students during his college days. He completed his education in MBA (Master of Business Administration), and he is currently managing the all workload for sharing the best banking information over the internet. The main purpose of starting Tricky Finance is to provide all the precious information related to businesses and the banks to his readers.